ALL day I think about it, then at night I say it,
Where did I come from, and what am I supposed to be doing?
My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end up there.
This drunkeness began in some other tavern. When I get back around to that place, I'll be completely sober. Meanwhile, I'm like a bird from another continent, sitting in this aviary.
The day is coming when I fly off, but who is it now in my ear, who hears my voice? Who says words with my mouth? Who looks out with my eyes?
What is the soul?
I cannot stop asking.
If I could taste one sip of an answer, I could break out of this prison for drunks. I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.
Whoever brought me here will have to take me home.
Reflect More, Risk More, Do More Things That Will Live On After You're Gone
Friday, September 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Be with those who help your being Be with those who help your being. Don't sit with indifferent people, whose breath comes...
-
This past week has been slightly chilly including rain and hail today for a what should be a normally sunny summer in the 70s. I ...
-
Modern life can feel dangerous and unstable. Removed from a sense of natural unfolding, our lives can seem precarious and chaotic...
-
One of my former hula sisters, Joy Labez, sadly passed away last year. I've always thought of her as an older sister I never had and...

No comments:
Post a Comment