
Energy Share for Sunday
October 29, 2006
What would Buddha do about changing other people?
Do not examine the limitations of others. Examine how you can change your own.
Dakini Teachings 1
So brief and so powerful, this is a lightning strike of wisdom. It sure lights me up, anyway. We never get anywhere dwelling on changing others, yet we indulge in it all the time. It's our excuse for not changing ourselves. This is why the most annoying limitations of other people just happen to be exactly the ones we have too.
When I teach college classes, I must examine the limitations of my students. In doing so, I try to teach them to do this themselves. If I fail them (sometimes literally), I have failed myself. Looking briefly at their limitations, I see deeply into my own. Even when we must attend to others' limitations, we learn most when we turn the examination to ours. Changing ourselves is not only the best way to help ourselves, it is the best way to help others.
Franz Metcalf, "What Would Buddha Do?"
Please join me in welcoming Matt Leonard who rejoins the share. Aloha piha, my friend, for your continued support of this collaboration.
I've posted a couple of messages by Julia Cameron who writes about recovering your sense of integrity and power in a healing process. They felt meaningful to share as I considered the people who have asked for healing support. And their willingness to accept loving care from others while experiencing pain in difficult times. Let us do the same in receiving boosts of energy from each other as we experience ours.
And speaking of difficult times, my humble apologies for the delay in sending the share message. No suprise with electronic communications difficulties while Mercury is in retrograde.
Thank you all for being a part of this energy share. I joyfully acknowledge the boost of energy from you and welcome it with open arms. I also send you a boost with LOTS of love, light, and hugs. Help yourself to the boost I send to you and enjoy it fully. Enjoy every moment and live the passionate life you intend it to be.
Namaste, (I honor the place in you in which the entire Universe dwells),
Lydia
1. Lydia Smith-Lenardson, Moreno Valley, California, USA
2. Lynn Wilson, Manchester, England, UK
3. Judy Oliver, Silver Spring, MD, USA
4. Joan Anderson, Washington, District of Columbia, USA
5. Sandra Richer, Banff, Alberta, Canada
6. Lena Goon, Banff, Alberta, Canada
7. Mari Hayama, Berkeley, California, USA
8. Veronica Hansen, Sarina, Queensland, Australia
9. Mirjam Kik, Oude, Tonge, The Netherlands
10. Andy Cooper, Guangzhou, Guangdong province, China
11. Sheryl Morris, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
12. Andy Yantha, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
13. Linda Prucha, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
14. Joseph Bennett, Ventura, California, USA
15. Steve and Karen Edwards, Gunnislake, Cornwall, England
16. Rev. Patricia Lusher, Berlin, Vermont, USA
17. Patricia Blundon, Pembroke,Ontario
18. Violet Moreau, Pembroke,Ontario
19. Brian Yeates, Dublin, Ireland
20. Dunni Olasehan, Lagos, Nigeria
21. Austin Ndego, Lagos, Nigeria
22. Gurjinder Strom, Miami, Florida, USA
23. Natasha Adair, Olney Springs, Colorado, USA
24. Amy Manuel, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
25. Janet Kinge, Basingstoke, UK
26. Janet Henningsen, Indialantic, Florida, USA
27. Sister Mary Mebane, Santa Maria, California, USA
28. Denise Matthews,Nottinghamshire, UK
29. Meelah Rasheed, Columbia, South Carolina, USA
30. Chandra Madrona, Tacoma, WA, USA
31. Eve Hale, Hampshire, England, UK
32. Sandy Kolman, Belleville, Illinois, USA
33. Hilary Bisaillon, Yorktown, Virginia, USA
34. Heidi Fruhling, Ft. Collins, Colorado, USA
35. Maree Rogers, Hastings, Westernport Bay, Australia
36. Carol Gent, Lancashire, England, UK
37. Matthew Leonard, Hanover, New Hampshire, USA
No comments:
Post a Comment